Landscaping Companies Salt Lake City
Landscaping maintenance, also known as grounds keeping, is all about keeping the landscape of your property clean, attractive, and safe. It typically consists of the upkeep of the yard, garden, driveway, and more. In addition to this, it also includes seasonal tasks such as spring and fall cleanup, weeding and fertilizing, lawn care, snow removal, and more. This is why it helps to hire a reputable landscaping company that provides comprehensive services.
Top Benefits Of Landscape Maintenance
Studies show that landscaping maintenance is a wise investment that can help enhance the value of a property. In addition to improving the aesthetic appeal, it is a great way to utilize the available space and improve the functionality of your place. This will help enhance the value of your property.
Many studies and research show that having green spaces around your property helps to foster improved physical and mental health and promote well-being. Also, strategically planting trees provides shade and cooling effects and acts as windbreaks. It helps to minimize maintenance for open spaces and increase the overall safety of your property.
Having well-maintained green spaces around your property is an excellent way to conserve energy. It helps to filter dust and other pollutants from the air, increase oxygen in the atmosphere, curb pollution, reduce soil erosion, and enhance the indoor air quality.
Environmental Benefits of Managed Landscapes
· Natural Coolants – Grass is much cooler than asphalt or cement. It acts as an “air conditioner” for the surrounding area. In fact, lawns can be 31 degrees cooler than asphalt and 20 degrees cooler than bare soil. But wait, there’s more. Trees shading homes can reduce attic temperatures by as much as 40 degrees.
· Environmental Cleaners - Grass plays a vital role in capturing dust, smoke particles and other pollutants, and it produces oxygen.
· Water Protectors – Healthy lawns absorb unhealthy runoff that might otherwise filter into bodies of water.
· Air Cleaners – Grasses absorb carbon dioxide and break it down into oxygen and carbon. In fact, a 50’x50’ lawn produces enough oxygen for a family of four.
· Noise Minimizers – Lawns and plants dramatically reduce noise pollution; they can reduce noise levels by 20 percent to 30 percent over hard surfaces like concrete and pavement.
· Turfgrass slows down and absorbs runoff into bodies of water.
Even in areas that have water restrictions and are experiencing drought, it is important that lawns and landscapes remain a viable component of healthy communities. There are a number of sustainable practices that will allow managed lawns and landscapes to reduce water usage but still provide important environmental benefits.
Benefits of Urban Landscapes
A growing body of research is demonstrating how important it is to incorporate tree canopies and parks into cities and towns. They provide a wide range of lifestyle benefits that improve the quality of life for residents.
· Parks and tree canopies help reduce noise.
· A recent study by the U.S. Forest Service found that neighborhoods with tree-lined streets and larger yard trees have reduced crime rates.
· Studies show that just looking at plants and trees, even through a window, can reduce stressand lower blood pressure.
· Walking in a natural environment with plants and trees, even when located in the middle of a city, has been shown to improve attention and memory.
· Neighborhoods that incorporate community green spaces have lower incidences of stress, have lower health care costs, and have an improved quality of life.
Benefits of Commercial Landscapes
Businesses are more successful when they provide clients with landscaped areas around buildings and plants inside buildings.
· A study found seven percent higher rental rates for commercial offices having high-quality landscapes.
· Shoppers claim they will spend nine to 12 percent more for goods and services in central business districts that have high quality tree canopies.
· Shoppers indicate they will travel a greater distance and a longer time to visit a district with a high-quality tree canopy, and spend more time there once they arrive.
· Companies that provide their employees with interactions with nature also benefit.
Physical and Psychological Benefits
The benefits of human interaction with plants, trees, and grass are also well studied and documented. Research has found that people find stress relief and healing when interacting with nature or even viewing it through a window. Children with ADHD seem to focus better after being outdoors. Workers are more productive as well when working in environments with plants, and cognitive function is improved.
But, perhaps more important than what science tells us, is what people instinctively feel about the plants and green spaces in their lives–that the connection makes their lives better, and they want to make an effort to incorporate it into their lives.
There are many organizations researching and documenting the affect of plants and green spaces on the environment and on our lives including:
· Nature Sacred
· Project Evergreen
· Green Plants for Green Buildings
· American Society of Landscape Architects
· The Lawn Institute
· Department of Interior
· National Park Service
Benefits of Hiring Professional Landscaping Companies
From ensuring that their needs are met to helping narrow down a landscaping design plan, there are many reasons why homeowners turn to landscaping companies for professional advice when planning and designing their landscaping. Throughout Utah, if you are considering hiring a landscaping service to help you design and install new landscaping elements around your home, contact the professionals at Truco services today to speak with one of our design professionals.
Why Hiring a Landscaping Company is the Best Decision You Can Make
While many prefer to take the “do it yourself” approach around their home, hiring a professional landscaping company when designing and installing landscaping elements can offer a number of advantages to trying to tackle the project on your own. Below are just some of the reasons why working with a landscaping company may be the best decision for you.
· A Landscaping Job Can Make You Feel Overwhelmed: There are so many things to consider when you decide to redo your landscape that it can be nerve wracking. From what type of shrubs to get for Utah climate to knowing where things will grow best, landscaping companies are experts when it comes to these problems and can help you make the best plan.
· Recognize and Address Problems: When you are just beginning a landscaping project, it can be difficult to know where to start. You might feel that your yard needs something, but qualifying that “something” can be easier said than done. Landscaping companies have professional designers and landscapers that can examine your yard with a fresh perspective, identify problem areas, and provide real solutions to that “something” your yard needs to be perfect.
· Overcome The Paralysis of Variety: There are a wide variety of materials (both living and non-living) that you can choose from when to designing or redesigning your yard. There are many combinations of shapes, sizes, and colors that it can create a paralysis on a person that is not a professional designer. Fortunately, landscaping companies have a staff of designers that will bring everything under a unified focal point of design. They will be able to pull everything together according to your specifications and help you establish a clear plan to translate your ideas into reality.
· Select the Best Plants: Buying a shrub or plant can seem easy enough at first. However, when you start considering factors like choosing the correct plant based on aspects such as: flowering patterns, colors, size, water and lighting needs, and maintenance requirements the task becomes much more difficult. With the help of landscaping companies, you can plan various plants accordingly and can create a garden that will be colorful throughout the year. Professional landscaping companies are familiar with a variety of species of plants that grow well in Utah climate, and will be easy to keep and maintain.
· Setting & Keeping within Budget: Landscaping companies can prepare an accurate estimate of the complete cost of your landscaping project before even beginning the installation. This is something that most people that are partial to the “do it yourself” approach do not take into account. Do it yourselfers may think they are saving money, but it can be difficult to come up with an accurate budget and estimates if you are not familiar with this type of project.
General Advantages Of Maintaining Your Landscape
· Prevents Overgrowth: Maintaining your landscape helps you to keep your property from looking untidy, regardless of the time of year. By hiring a landscaping company to maintain your yard, garden, and surrounding landscape design, you can ensure that your property is well-kept throughout the year.
· Weed Control: Regular landscaping helps to manage and reduce weed growth and keep your plants and grass healthy. Trimming, pruning, fertilizing, and watering your plants prevents them from dying.
· Enhance Curb Appeal: Keeping your landscape beautiful throughout the year helps to improve the appeal of your property. Colourful plants, well-trimmed shrubs, and healthy grass add to the aesthetics of the building. Whether you want to host a party for your family, entertain guests for a special occasion or are looking to sell your home, it is the perfect way to keep your landscape looking vibrant in any season.
· Safe Outdoor Space: In addition to enhancing the curb appeal of your property, landscape maintenance helps you to keep the surroundings neat and organized. This, in turn, increases the safety of the property.
Landscape planners, architects, and designers are the artists that paint the beauty on the canvas of your landscape. Landscaping services could be right for you if you want your yard to look great. It does not address underlying issues that may cause your yard to look unhealthy. Many landscaping companies offer individual services instead of an all-encompassing program if you would like to handle some of the landscaping tasks yourself.
· Design – Consider this service as the outdoor version of interior decorating. The design increases curb appeal and make your yard a place for growing, relaxing and entertaining. The landscaper knows the appropriate plants for your location and how plants can be arranged and complement each other.
· Planting – This modern gardening philosophy plays matchmaker in the landscape, placing plants in a spot where they’ll naturally thrive with minimal input from the gardener. That is how a landscaper’s knowledge can improve your property. The result is a landscape design that’s a breeze to maintain.
· Trimming – It is a great time to clear away last season’s debris. Clearing and trimming trees shrubs and bushes will give your landscaping a fresh, clean look. It improves curb appeal and is an indication of the high standards of home and business owners.
· Mulching – Mulch helps to moderate soil temperature and retain soil moisture which is good for the health of your plants. Adding a layer of mulch to your flower beds also improves the appearance of your beds and suppresses weed growth. Additionally, organic mulches provide nutrients to your plants as they breakdown.
Lawn Care Services
Lawn care services address the health of your lawn. The services range from mowing, aeration and seeding to weed control and tree and shrub care.
· Mowing – The landscaper has the right tools to mow appropriately and quickly. They will weed whack on the edges and clean up the trimmings. Many homes and businesses appreciate taking this task off their to-do list. Grass should be mowed weekly is not more during the peak growing season.
· Fertilizing – The lawn needs nutrients to grow and stay healthy, a regular fertilization schedule, starting in the spring and ending in mid-autumn is the best thing you can do for a lush green lawn.
· Weed Control – Weeds come in all shapes and sizes and they are our most common complaint. No one likes weeds. Lawn care companies offer preventative weed control and treatments.
· Fungicide – Applying preventative fungicide treatments can help keep your lawn healthy and disease-free. Fungicide treatments prevent and control the many lawn diseases such as leaf spot, brown patch and summer patch and may others.
· Pests – There are many pests that infiltrate lawns and can ruin turf. Pests such as grubs, ticks, and mosquitoes can be treated by the lawn care service that will help prevent and address these pests.
· Lime Applications – In many parts of the country, adding lime to your lawn is as essential as mowing it. Without lime, lawn grasses may be unable to benefit from the nutrients in your soil, including those you add through fertilizers. Your soil should have a neutral PH of about 7.0, lawn care companies address discrepancies.
· Tree and Shrub Health – After identifying any blotches on leaves, damage to trunks, and other signs of an unhealthy tree, your lawn care service can determine the right solution to ensure your trees stay beautiful and strong. Lawn care companies offer fertilization, often utilizing a soil injected liquid for larger trees and shrubs and a granular material for shallow-rooted shrubs and ground covers.
Hire Our Professional Landscaping Company For The Best Results
TruCo Services is a full-service landscaping and snow removal organization that can handle every aspect of your project needs. Our teams of professional irrigation technicians, landscapers, licensed fertilizer applicators, certified arborists, and top-notch management staff deliver quality services that you'll be proud to showcase at your home or business. We offer a complete range of services to beautify your property and provide the best solutions to simplify your landscaping maintenance. Whether you need landscaping construction services, regular property maintenance, or need some work done for a special occasion, we can help you!
Truco Services, Inc.
4640 Commerce Drive
Murray, Utah 84107