Lawn Care Near Me
Many people find it hard to believe that people spend thousands every year on their lawn and gardens. The reason is people believe that lawn care doesn't require too much attention because once the shrubs and weeds are planted, they would grow and flower eventually without any special demands. However, the fact is lawn care can become one of the most demanding domestic jobs. You must have often come across beautiful houses with neatly manicured lawns. And unless you have nurtured something equally beautiful, you can never estimate the efforts that must have gone into their making and care. Nevertheless, the amount of time one has to invest depends on the size of the lawn. A small lawn wouldn't demand too much of your time and if you have someone to help you, then certainly you can get things maintained without any trouble. But if you own a large lawn space, then you would need to employ a few workers to take care of your plants and trees.
How beautiful your lawn can look depends on how hard you work on it. Lawn care involves lot of planning and diligence in the beginning stages. Once the plants and shrubs are in place and matured, all you have to do is nurture and protect them. In other words you need more lawn care assistance when you are constructing a lawn or remodeling it. Primarily, you need to ensure that the soil is perfect for a healthy looking lawn. And if it isn't so, then you should buy the right type of soil and make the land fertile enough to support all the vegetation. These are the basic factors that affect the entire lifespan of a lawn and to fix these matters you need expert opinion. This is where a professional lawn care team can assist you in laying the foundation for a beautiful lawn.
Keeping the lawn safe from harmful pests, insects, molds and fungus is yet another important responsibility that demands special lawn care services. Especially, if your lawn is built close to your home, then special care should be taken so as to prevent the plants and weeds from hosting harmful pests.
A neatly cut and maintained lawn has many uses. It is a great place to enjoy parties or simply relax with family or friends. The environment of your lawn and its landscape affects your mood and it can certainly make your home a better place to live. At times, lawn care can be quite addictive too. Some people spend most of their day in caring for plants, shrubs and orchids in their lawn or garden. For them it is topic of unending interest. They indulge in collecting rare plants, bonsais, designer plants, decorative creepers and flowering trees for adorning their lawns. Also, they construct artificial fish ponds and fountains in there to make the scene more divine.
What Lawn Care Companies Do When you have neither the time, knowledge, nor the desire to maintain a great looking lawn you may find that you want to have a lawn care service come out and take care of the yard work for you. Lawn care companies will vary in price, but for the most part they all provide the same basic services.
Lawn care companies may offer you a wide variety of services and depending on what you pay for will depend on how much of the offered services get done. Here is what a typical lawn care service will offer as part of their many different services:
Ø Cut the Grass: The most obvious reason that you would want to hire a lawn care service is to have the grass on your property mowed. Unlike your push style lawn mower, lawn services generally have industrial style riding lawn mowers which allows them to cut your lawn in a relatively short amount of time.
Ø Weed Eat and Edge: After the lawn is mowed, most lawn care companies will weed eat around the house and other fixed objects on your property such as trees and your mailbox. They will then edge which is where they cut the excess overgrown grass away from the edge of your driveway and walkways leaving behind a nice straight cut look.
Ø Blowing: After your lawn has been cut and everything has been trimmed and edged there is usually a considerable amount of grass clippings remaining on your driveway and your walkways. Most lawn care companies will use an industrial leaf blower to blow your driveway and any subsequent walkways clean.
These three services are usually standard with any lawn service company, but there are also some extras that you can opt to pay for as well. These extra may include:
Ø Fertilizing: Many lawn companies will offer to fertilize your lawn for you at certain intervals throughout the year. While this does usually represent an added cost it also helps to keep your lawn looking its best all year round.
Ø Bushes and Hedge Trimming: Again this is usually not included, but for a little bit extra many lawn care companies will trim all of your bushes and any hedges that you have on your property. This will give your house an overall tight and clean look.
Most lawn care companies do not get into tree trimming, landscaping, and irrigation systems but most will have companies that they can recommend for you should you need those services as well. While it is rare, you can find a lawn care company that does a multitude of these services, but these types of lawn companies are usually a division of a larger landscaping business.
Having the lawn of envy in the neighborhood is attainable, even if you have no clue what you are doing in the yard. With the hiring of an experienced and well-rounded lawn service company, you too can have the lawn that all the neighbors talk about, admire, and secretly want to have.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Lawn Care Company
Are you one of those folks who want a lovely lawn but just don't have the time to care for it yourself? The answer for you could be a lawn care company. However, how do you know whom to choose? Below are questions you should have answers to before hiring a lawn care company.
1. Price is something that should be looked at when hiring a lawn care company, but remember the old saying, "you get what you pay for?" Some companies may give you a lower rate but do they scrimp on materials or use low quality products? They also may be able to charge lower prices because they are not training their staff adequately. Ask your neighbors and friends whom they use. A company with a good reputation will be promoted widely by word of mouth. Look at their lawns and ask them if they are happy with the lawn they have. Are they satisfied and well treated? Lower price can sometimes mean lower quality. Get a price quote and a quote for anything extra that may come up or is not already provided by their company. Check out several lawn care companies before you decide. Walk around your lawn and see what their suggestions are and if they sound genuinely interested in making your lawn the best it can be.
2. Look for companies that are professional and belong to lawn care organizations such as the Professional Lawn Care Association in Utah as well as state lawn care organizations. Lawn companies that are involved in these organizations usually are staying current with the latest in technology, safety regulations and have a professional pride in their business.
3. Ask what pesticide programs they provide. Are they organic or natural and those words won't always mean pesticide free. Ask detailed questions about the pesticides they use, are they allowable in the area where you live and ask if there are any environmental or health risks. Ask what products they use. A good company will be able to give you the names and product labels of all their seed blends, fertilizers and pest control products.
4. Another question to ask prospective lawn care companies is; what techniques do you use to improve the health of the soil and grass. This is an important part of any lawn care program and not all companies provide these services. Services should include over seeding, topdressing, aeration, and hand weeding. Yes, some work still needs to be done by hand. Be sure to ask if these are extras or part of the service. If they don't do these extras, then ask for information so you can do them on your own to keep your lawn healthy. If these services are not offered, then be sure that their charges reflect what they are doing.
5. Is mowing a part of the service? What height do they cut the grass; do they leave clippings on the lawn, bag, or mulch? Will they adjust their mowing schedule according to the weather? More in the spring and less in the summer when it is needed less. Do they bag clippings and take them with them or do they leave them for the waste disposal people to pick up? Will you be responsible for providing bags for clippings? Will they rake or mulch leaves in the fall? What about anything extra that might come up such as storm damage? Will they be available to help with that? You never know when a natural disaster will occur and you need the help to clear out the debris of limbs from your yard.
These questions are all important ones for you to consider when choosing a lawn care company. Your lawn and garden program will be effective if you have a partnership between you and your lawn care company. You should know what services your lawn care company provides. They should know what your expectations are for your lawn and what you should do between visits to maintain your lawn properly. Between visits, it is up to you to watch out for insects and disease. If you are mowing, you need to do it on a regular schedule and water the lawn properly according to their instructions. Your lawn will look its best if you and your lawn care company understand each other and are both aware of what is expected from each side.
Hiring a Lawn Care Professional
Your lawn plays a significant role in the overall outdoor appearance of your house. A lot of effort, dedication, and time is required in order to make a yard beautiful, healthy, and green. For families lawns are an integral part of their memories as their children grow up playing in the yard. Lawns are great for a small family and friend get together and they are eco-friendly as well. So lawns are an important part of the house and family and thus it becomes necessary that they should be taken care of to the maximum possible level. However due to busy schedules people get little time and it becomes a difficult chore to properly take care of the lawn and landscaping. It is often better to hire a lawn care professional who can take good care of the lawn. Optimum maintenance of lawn can be done only by a professional lawn service. Lawn mowing professionals understand the requirements and needs of families very well and they will develop the lawn accordingly. Unkempt lawns give the house a disastrous look, and it's difficult to spend quality time in a disorderly looking lawn.
So if you want your house to look beautiful, attractive and appealing then it is best to hire a professional lawn service. Lawn care specialists may be expensive; hence thorough research should be done before hiring one. The most important point to be considered is that one should hire a lawn maintenance professional who is qualified for the job he is performing. Experience and a good track record are important qualities of a good lawn service professional. Besides these qualities a lawn care professional needs to be aware of the environmental issues. He should understand the importance of a chemical free and healthy residential environment.
It is important for you to collect all the information about the annual cost, and the cost, which will incur after each visit for the lawn care services. There is a wide range of services, which are offered by the companies so you should be clear about the kind of services you want from your chosen lawn care professional such as mowing, seeding, aeration, maintenance, pest control etc.
Most lawn service companies will offer guaranteed services and occasional discounts. It is a must to get all the information prior to hiring a lawn care professional or company and by being a little prudent you can be a proud owner of an amazing, beautiful, and attractive lawn.
Pro Lawn Care Tips You Can Do Yourself
Achieving a lawn that looks like you hired a pro lawn care specialist to care for is easier than you think. Some of the pro lawn care ideas are simply common sense but people often overlook them when caring for their lawn. Simple things like ensuring that your mower blade is sharpened can make a huge difference in the quality of your lawn.
Dull mower blades can tear and shred grass instead of making a clean cut. When grass is torn or shredded, it leaves the grass open to disease and can stress the grass. When you ensure that your mower blade is sharp you increase the chance that your lawn will remain healthy and disease-resistant.
Raise the level of your mowing blade. Unless you are running a golf course in your yard there is no reason to have your lawn extremely short. One fact that many people do not know is that when you cut your lawn extremely short you are forcing the grass to grow faster. The green grass blades are the source of the food the grass takes in and stores from the sun. Pro lawn care specialists know that if you leave the grass longer it will grow more slowly. This also reduces the amount of times you need to mow your lawn throughout the summer months.
Another pro lawn care tip is to use a mulching mower when you mow your lawn. The grass cuttings that are returned to the soil can replace at least half of the nitrogen your lawn needs to stay green and healthy. If you add an overdressing of compost in the spring you can completely remove the need for fertilizers for your lawn.
Many pro lawn care companies have found that corn gluten is an effective natural weed prevention compound. When applied in the spring it can prevent the growth of most of the weeds that plague lawns. Pro lawn care services know that watering can be an issue with many lawns. Most lawns require between 1 and 1.5 inches of rain per week. Many people forget to factor in the amount of rain fall their area has received during the week. Over-watering your lawn can be more damaging than under-watering it. If you do need to water your lawn throughout the summer months, be sure to do a longer soaking once a week rather than several days of light watering. Light watering encourages shallow root growth in your lawn. One deep-soaking watering encourages grass to develop a deeper root system, which then requires less watering.
You can contact TruCo services to handle your lawn care professionally. TruCo Services is a full-service landscaping and snow removal organization that can handle every aspect of your project needs. Our teams of professional irrigation technicians, landscapers, licensed fertilizer applicators, certified arborists, and top-notch management staff deliver quality services that you'll be proud to showcase at your home or business.
Truco Services, Inc.
4640 Commerce Drive
Murray, Utah 84107